A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
This article is an extension of xRM Formula #095. The requirement has been updated so that the Stakeholders of the Opportunity as well as the Sales Team must be emailed when an Opportunity is closed.
The Opportunity below has 2 stakeholders and 1 sales team member. Each will need to be a recipient on the email that is sent out.
North52 BPA Solution
The North52 BPA solution works like this:
- A Formula of type Process Genie is created on the Email entity
- A Workflow is created that triggers on the Status change of an Opportunity
- When the workflow is triggered it creates the Email
- We then use a N52 Process Genie in the workflow to call the formula on the newly-created Email
- This Formula uses a FetchXML query to retrieve the Sales Team members
- These members are added to a string
- The Formula then uses a FetchXML query to retrieve the Stakeholders
- These are then also added to the string
- The list members are then added to the email’s To list
- Finally the Formula sends the email
Note: The FetchXML query returns both the teammembership guid and the systemuserid guid. Therefore we must tell the SetAttributePartyList function which guid we want to use by setting the last parameter to ‘systemuserid’.