A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this article we will show how to calculate weighted scores for a collection of records using North52 BPA. We will demonstrate this using Opportunities connected to an Account. When the estimated value or probability of closing change, we will recalculate the weighted scores for all open opportunities on that account and then update the Account’s description field with the name of the highest rated opportunity and it’s calculated score.
North52 BPA Solution
The North52 BPA solution works like this:
- A formula will fire whenever the Est. Revenue or Probability fields change on an Opportunity
- The formula will gather a list of all the Opportunities connected to that Account
- A weighted score will be calculated for each Opportunity as follows: Est. Revenue * (probability / 100)
- The list is then sorted by the weighted score in descending order
- The (now) first record in the list is selected as it has the highest weighted score