A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
This article shows how xCache records can be used to manage your usernames and passwords.
To illustrate this, we will show a formula that creates a SharePoint folder using credentials that are stored in xCache.
We will then export this formula in a solution and import this solution to our Test/Prod instance.
Finally, we will update the xCache records credentials and show how to ensure the xCache records do not change with every Publish All Customizations process.
North52 BPA Solution
The North52 BPA solution works like this:
- Two xCache records will be created for the username and password
- A formula is created that will trigger whenever an Account is created
- The formula will create a SharePoint folder for that Account using the username and password xCache records
- This formula and the xCache records will be deployed to a solution called SharePoint Business Rules
- This solution will be exported from one instance (Dev) and then imported to another ( Test / Prod )
- The xCache records will be edited in this new environment and secured against future publishing reverting those changes