A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
The business requirement is to create a custom JSON message whenever certain fields change on the Account record. This JSON message then had to be sent to our Azure Event Grid.
The custom message needs to contain certain fields on the Account record and certain fields for all child Contact records.
Note: This article presumes you already have Azures Event Grid setup for your Azure subscription. For details on how to do this please see the Microsoft documentation.
North52 BPA Solution
The North52 BPA solution works like this:
- A formula is created that will trigger whenever the following fields are changed on a Account record:
- Account Name, Account Number, Address 1: Street 1, Address 1: Street 2, Address 1: Street 3, Address 1: City, Address 1: ZIP/Postal Code, Address 1: State/Province, Address 1: Country
- This formula will create a JSON object with properties of the same fields
- This formula will also find all child Contacts of this Account and add the following fields to the JSON Object:
- Full Name, Job Title, Email, Business Phone
- The Formula will then send this JSON message to the Azure Event Grid