A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this scenario, we have a custom entity called Skills that we want to use when reviewing a Contacts resumé or CV.
The Contact entity has a custom text field called Resumé that we place unformatted resumé text into. We want to check this field for any potential Skills this Contact might have.
If the field contains any of the skills, we want to associate the Skill with the Contact.
For this example, it is presumed that:
- The custom field Resumé has been added to the Contact entity
- The custom entity Skills has been created
- A N:N relationship has been created between the Contact entity and the Skills entity
- Sample Skills and Contacts have been created
North52 BPA Solution
The North52 BPA solution works like this:
- A formula is created that will trigger whenever the custom field Resumé is changed on the Contact entity
- The formula will first disassociate all Skills from the Contact to make sure that any outdated Skills are removed when the Resumé is updated
- The formula will then loop through each Skill and check if it is mentioned in the Resumé. If it is found, that Skill is associated to the Contact