A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
The business requirement was to create a custom JSON message whenever certain fields change on the Account record. This JSON message then had to be sent to our Service Bus queue.
The custom message needs to contain certain fields on the Account record and certain fields for all child Contact records.
Note: This KB article presumes you already have the service Bus Queue already setup for your Azure subscription. For details on how to do this please see the Microsoft documentation.
North52 BPA Solution
The North52 BPA solution works like this:
- A formula is created that will trigger whenever the following fields are changed on a Account record
- This formula will create a JSON object with properties of the following fields:
- Account Name, Account Number, Address 1: Street 1, Address 1: Street 2, Address 1: Street 3, Address 1: City, Address 1: ZIP/Postal Code, Address 1: State/Province, Address 1: Country
- This formula will also find all child Contacts of this Account and add their following fields to the JSON Object:
- Full Name, Job Title, Email, Business Phone
- The Formula will then send this JSON message to the Azure service Bus