A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this example, we need to enforce some validation rules whenever an Account is being updated or created.
Whenever the Account is a Preferred Customer or whenever the Credit Limit is greater than 100,000, we wish to make sure that the Address fields have been completed.
We can do this easily by making a Decision Table that triggers off both the creation of an Account and whenever an Account’s Address fields are changed.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- We create a formula of type Validation for the Account entity
- Each time an Account is created, or selected Address fields are updated, the formula triggers.
- Our formula will check to see if the Account is a Preferred Customer or if the Credit Limit is greater than 100,000
- If it meets one of these conditions, the Decision Table will then make sure the Address fields have data in them
- A error message will show and display all Address fields that do not contain data.