A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this scenario we will demonstrate how to set up a ClientSide Decision Table that you can use to set various notifications on an Opportunity.
For this article it is assumed that you have at least basic familiarity with Decision Tables and/or have read the following articles:
Note: We will not detail step-by-step instructions here on how to set up Conditions or Actions, please read the above articles if you need detailed configuration steps.
In this example we are going to trigger ClientSide functions on the Opportunity based on data in the Parent Account.
The Business Rules
If there is a Credit Hold on the Parent Account
- Display a Form Notification warning the user
- Disable all fields on the form
If the Budget Amount for the Opportunity is larger than the agreed Credit Limit for the Account
- Display a Form Notification informing the user
- Set focus on the budget amount field
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A client-side Decision Table is set up to trigger onload or change of the Account and Budget Amount fields of the Opportunity form
- If the Credit Hold field on the related Account is Yes a message (Form Notification) is displayed to the user
- If the Budget Amount for the Opportunity is larger than the agreed Credit Limit on the related Account then a message (Form Notification) is displayed to the user