A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this scenario we will demonstrate how to set up a simple Decision Table to convert short-hand notation into numeric values.
Sales agents working on the Opportunity entity want to just type 3.4m into a custom field and have the Estimated Revenue field be updated to 3400000.
This example will take account of the following letters
- k, K – Thousand
- m, M – Millions
- b, B – Billions
The reason we do this in a Decision Table is that it can easily be expanded to accommodate additional short hand notation like mi, mil, g, ks etc. as needed by just adding an additional Calculation and Action for each of them.
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type Save – To Current Record is created on the Opportunity entity
- The Source Property is set to ‘Short Revenue’
- The Target Property is set to ‘Est. Revenue’
- The Event is set to ‘Create & Update’
- Exit on First Match is turned On (checked)