A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this scenario, the business requirement we are addressing is to create a Contact direct from a Lead, without creating an Opportunity and to move all the open and completed activities over to the new Contact.
For this we don’t want to use the out of the box lead conversion process, we are essentially recreating a custom process that suits our business needs.
To do this we are going to use the North52 Quick Button to create a button on a Lead that will create the record for us.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type ‘ClientSide – Calculation’ on the Lead entity
- Add a North52 Quick Button to the form using the instructions that can be found here
- Set the formula shortcode for the Quick Button to your formula
- The Formula will first create the new Contact record
- Then it uses Fetch-XML to retrieve the list of activities.
- If the activity is open, it will update the regarding field to the new Contact
- If the activity is closed, it will store the status reason, then open the activity, update the regarding field and then close back down the activity setting the correct status reason
- Finally, as the last step, it will mark the Lead as Qualified