A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this scenario we will show you how to create an email address from a contact’s name and their parent account’swebsite URL using regular expressions.
We have a batch of records that contain only the first name and the surname of the contact but they have a parent account. We will extract the domain name for the email addresses from the parent account’s website field and then add them to the first name and last name.
In this example we are using http://www.adatum.com/ website URL.
- First we remove ‘www.’ from the website URL if it exists using Replace() function
- Next we remove the http:// or https:// if they are on the URL using RegexReplace()
- Finally we remove any trailing forward slashes etc. again using RegexReplace()
Start: http://www.adatum.com/ After the Replace() function: http://adatum.com/ After the first RegexReplace() function: adatum.com/ After the second RegexReplace() function: adatum.com
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A Formula of type ’Save – To Current Record’ is created on the Contact entity
- Source Property is set to ‘Firstname, Lastname’ and ‘Account Name’
- The Target Property is set to ‘Email‘