A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this scenario the business requirement was to automatically attach documents, from a SharePoint Site related to an Opportunity, to an email and send that email to a customer.
For this example we are using Dynamics CRM with SharePoint Online. We are also assuming that all files in the SharePoint folder should be sent to the customer although we could filter them in the formula if we needed to.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A Formula of type ’Process Genie’ is created on the Opportunity entity
- xCache records are created to store the SharePoint Username, Password and the SharePoint URL
- A workflow is set up on the Opportunity to create the email to the customer
- A North52 Process Genie step is added to the workflow
- The Formula searches the SharePoint site for documents connected to the Opportunity
- Next it adds each document as an attachment to the email
- Finally the formula sends the email
*Note: Although the Workflow executes on the Opportunity entity, the formula executes on the Email entity. This is achieved by ‘Context-switching‘ within the North52 Process Genie.