A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
Note : This Article is for pre version 9 of CRM , since then Microsoft has given the Process Stages its own Entity. Note : This Article is for pre version 9 of CRM , since then Microsoft has given the Process Stages its own Entity.
This article is a follow on from xRM Formula #77. This method is an improvement on #77 because it removes the need to perform the two FindValue() function calls to lookup the guids of the connection roles which gives us a performance boost. So instead we dynamically generate a fragment of the fetch-xml so that it can be injected into the main fetch-xml query.
This scenario is still using the original business requirement that an Opportunity record should not progress to the Develop stage without the appropriate Stakeholders being assigned to the opportunity record.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type Validation is created
- It is configured so that it executes each time the Process Stage field changes on the Opportunity entity
- On execution it runs a FetchXML query that checks the Process Stage is Qualify
- Next it populates the list of acceptable stakeholders in the second FetchXML query using the SetParams() and AppendFormat() functions**
- It then executes the FetchXML query that checks if there is at least 1 of each type of necessary Stakeholder connected to the Opportunity
- If sufficient approved Stakeholders are found it allows the Opportunity Stage to progress to the Develop stage
**See Note at end of page