A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
Note : This Article is for pre version 9 of CRM , since then Microsoft has given the Process Stages its own Entity. Note : This Article is for pre version 9 of CRM , since then Microsoft has given the Process Stages its own Entity.
This article is a follow on from xRM Formula #76. However in this instance the business requirement is to make sure there are at least 1 Decision Maker and 1 Champion stakeholder assigned to the Opportunity before it can be progressed to the Develop stage.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type Validation is created
- It is configured so that it executes each time the Process Stage field changes on the Opportunity entity
- On execution it runs a FetchXML query that checks the Process Stage is Develop
- It then uses another FetchXML query that checks if there is at least 1 Stakeholder with a role of Decision Maker and 1 Stakeholder with a role of Champion connected to the Opportunity
- If sufficient approved Stakeholders are found it allows the Opportunity Stage to progress to the Develop stage