A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
Note : This Article is for pre version 9 of CRM , since then Microsoft has given the Process Stages its own Entity.
In this scenario we had a business requirement to ensure that at least 1 Decision Maker stakeholder has been assigned to an Opportunity before allowing the Opportunity to the Develop step.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula of type Validation is created
- It is configured so that it executes each time the Process Stage field changes on the Opportunity entity
- On execution it runs a FetchXML query that checks the Process Stage is Develop
- It then uses another FetchXML query that checks if there is a Stakeholder with a role of Decision Maker connected to the Opportunity
- If any approved Stakeholders are found it allows the Opportunity Stage to progress to the Develop stage
- Otherwise it displays an error message to the user
Sample Error Message
North 52 Formula