A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this business scenario the end user wants to create a Task record in CRM and set the end date for that task as the end of the calendar month. We created this using a workflow called Generate FollowUp Task that would:
- Create the Task record
- Use the Process Genie to set the end date on the task
Note : This is an example of how to “context switch” in a Process Genie by using the Primary Entity ID parameter of the Process Genie workflow step.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type Process Genie is created so it can execute as a step within a workflow
- When it reaches the Process Genie step in the workflow it will execute the formula, switching the context from the Account entity to the Task entity
- The Formula first retrieves today’s date and then gets the last day of the month
- Next the Formula updates the Scheduled End date for the Task that was created as part of the workflow