A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this scenario we have the need that whenever the description field changes on a Case record we have to update this new description text to a custom field call workscope on the email entity for all related sent emails. The tricky part here is that we need to re-open the email so we can set the workscope field.
This sample demonstrates how to execute multiple statements within a ForEachRecord() function call.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula is created which executes on the Update of the Description field on the Case entity
- The formula first finds all related emails which have been marked as sent
- Then for each email it performs 3 actions
- Action 1: Set the email back to draft
- Action 2: Update the workscope field with the description field from the Case
- Action 3: Set the email back to it original status of sent.