A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this scenario our business requirement is to validate that the Estimated Close Date on the Opportunity record cannot be set to a date before the create date.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula that fires on the create & update events of the Opportunity entity
- The formula needs to execute on the client-side (i.e. when user tabs out of date field)
- The formula needs to execute on the server-side (i.e. if importing a CSV file, or via a 3rd party integration, etc.)
- We set the Mode to Client Side & Server Side to meet the above requirements.
- When the formula executes it makes the date comparison & if it fails shows an error message