A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In the previous sample we saw the following requirement that we had a 3rd party integration creating Account records within Dynamics CRM. This integration cannot set the ownerid field of the record but it can set a text field with the name of the owner. So we need to use this information to lookup the User ID value & set it to the owner of the Account record.
In this advanced scenario we need to set a default if no User ID is found when we use the Owner Text to perform the lookup.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula is set to execute for the create event of the Account entity
- It checks that the OwnerText field has data before it executes the main formula
- The formula lookups & set a variable called ‘LookupOwnerId’
- The formula lookups & set a variable called ‘DefaultOwnerId’
- It checks to see if the variable ’LookupOwnerId’ has data
- And sets the variable ‘FinalOwnerId’ based on this decision
- Finally it updates the Account record Owner field with the value in the ‘FinalOwnerId’ variable
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up for you.
- Create a new formula of type ‘Save – Perform Action’
- Set the Source Entity to ‘Account’
- Set the Source Property to ‘Owner Text’
- Set the Event pick-list field to Create
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field
- Click Save
- Ready to test.