A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this business scenario you have a requirement to set & continually update a custom field on the Account entity called ‘Total Open Opportunities’. This field is the sum of the estimated revenue field from all the opportunity records associated to the Account. This is similar to xRM Formula #18 but this one executes the formula via a workflow.
A key part of this requirement is that roll-up must run in real-time.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type ‘Process Genie’ for the Opportunity entity
- This formula will be executed via a workflow
- The workflow will be configured to execute each time an opportunity is Created, Updated (‘Est. Revenue’ or status field changes) or Deleted the formula will execute
- The execution consists of summing up all the related opportunities that are currently set to Open
- The result of the sum will be stored in the custom field of the parent Account record