A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this scenario we would like to send nicely formatted quote emails to customers which contain the product line items and totals in a table. The out of the box method of running the Quote Report, saving as a PDF and attaching to an email can be replaced by simply running a workflow.
This is a fairly advanced formula scenario and requires HTML formatting knowledge if you wish to tweak the output from what we provide.
This same method could be used to create emails with Order and Invoice data, or wherever you need to build up an HTML table of data from a set of records.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The solution is made up of 3 Process Genie formulas and a real-time workflow and works like this:
- Workflow is triggered by the user on the relevant Quote record
- The first step of the workflow generates a draft email record with the Quote ID as the Subject – we use this ID in the Process Genie formulas to identify the email to update
- The second step of the workflow is a Process Genie step that references our 1st formula which contains the HTML table header (the table headings)
- The third step of the workflow is a Process Genie step that references our 2nd formula which contains the HTML table rows (the product line items)
- The fourth step of the workflow is a Process Genie step that references our 3rd formula which contains the HTML table footer (the subtotal, discount, freight, tax and total information)
- The fifth step of the workflow is an update step to change the Draft Email Subject to something more meaningful. It also means that if the workflow is run again the formulas don’t try and update the wrong email record
What the workflow looks like to generate the email,