A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this scenario you need to implement a business rule that will change the business process flow & stage on the opportunity entity when the estimated revenue of the Opportunity is set to less than $1,000.
You can use this example to perform either of the two actions,
- Change the Business Process Flow & the Stage
- Just change the Stage of the current Business Process Flow
Note1 : If you are using CRM 2015 Update 1 or higher you will need to also set the field named traversdpath in order to get this to work correctly
Note2 : If you are using CRM 8.0+ or above do not use this KB article as it no longer applied. Instead look at these KB articles ,
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- Use the FindValue() function to lookup the guid of the required business process flow
- Use the FindValue() function to lookup the guid of the stage
- Use the UpdateRecord() function to update the opportunity record with the 2 guids from above
- The formula type is set to Process Genie so we can call the formula from a wortkflow