A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
Note: A simpler implementation of this functionality can be achieved without creating an Azure Web Application, see the alternative method in this article.
This article shows how you can execute a North52 Decision Table as part of a Flow and return a value back to the Flow to be used in a later step. This is conceptually very similar to how the Process Genie functionality works for standard Dynamics 365 workflows.
The business scenario is that we need to create a Dynamics 365 Task record with a due date at the end of the month. At the time of writing there is no easy way to do this with regular Flow functionality but it can be easily achieved with a North52 function.
This concept can be extended for use in much more complex scenarios than the example shown below.
North52 BPA Solution
The North52 BPA solution works like this:
- A Custom Action is set up with a single Output parameter
- A Formula is set up on the Custom Action which returns the last day of the month using the GetLastDayOfMonth function
- A Microsoft Flow is set up to:
- Call the Custom Action via the Web API and retrieve the last day of the month value
- Create an new Task record with Due Date set to the value returned from the Custom Action