A new knowledge base article has been published on our support portal.
In this scenario the business requirement for the customer was how to handle 2 different shifts of employees,
- A Day shift starting at 8 am,
- A Night shift starting at 8 pm.
The Day shift should get access to Dynamics 365 from 8 am to 8 pm, but should be unable to log in from 8 pm to 8 am and vice versa for the Night shift.
Each user is assigned to the Day Shift or Night Shift based on an OptionSet in their user account.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A Global Action type process is created
- An N52 Formula of type ‘Process Genie’ is created on the User entity and added to the Action
- The N52 Formula checks if the time is before 9 am, if yes it will activate the days shift and deactivate the night shift, it after 9 am it will do the opposite
- An N52 Schedule is created to run the action every twelve hours at 8 am and 8 pm