SmartFlow powers your business processes!
SmartFlows allow you to automate business processes by allowing you to create a Flow that can collect, calculate, update and create Dynamics CRM information. These SmartFlows can then be connected into any user action such as saving a record, executing a Dialog, Workflow or Action process.
SmartFlows can execute logic, interact with the CRM database, call external web services, execute existing Workflows or Actions and even be set to run on a timed schedule by the North52 Scheduler.
SmartFlow is a module of North52’s Business Process Activities
SmartFlows enable you to automate business processes across your organization.
Some examples are:
- Call scripting for inbound or outbound call centers
- Diagnostics & troubleshooting guides
- Product configuration
- Sales quotations
- Guided selling with sales methodologies
- Employee on-boarding
SmartFlow – Business Sample
In this scenario we have a fictitious Insurance company that rents out vehicles. The rental agreement between the Insurance company & the customer is represented by a Contract. And the Contract is made up of many (1:N) Rental Payments which are paid on a monthly basis.
The business need here is to calculate the settlement amount when a contract is terminated early via an Early Termination Quote. The screenshot below shows where we have added two new sub-grids to the out of the box contract entity which represent,
- The Rental Payments associated to this contract
- Any Early Termination Quotes associated to this contract
On the contract record an Early Termination Quote record can be added via the sub-grid. The user will enter in a ‘Last Rental Payment Date’ on this record & click save. During the save process the settlement amount must be calculated based on certain rules
IF 4 or more Rental Payments are due after the Last Rental Payment Date THEN Find Max of either, (-) 40% of Sum of Rental Payment Amounts after the Last Rental Payment Date + Early Termination Admin Fee (-) 4 times the Rental Payment Amount + Early Termination Fee ELSE Sum of Rental Payment Amounts after the Last Rental Payment Date + Early Termination Admin Fee * We assume all rental payment for a contract are the same value per month
SmartFlow – Solution
- A formula of type ‘Save To Current Record’ is created that will execute whenever a new Early Termination Quote is created
- The SmartFlow result will be placed into the Settlement Amount field on the Early Termination Quote record
- Next Calculate the Count of Remaining Months
- Next Calculate the Sum of the Remaining Amount
- Next Calculate four times the standard payment
- Next Calculate the Admin Fee
- It then checks if the remaining months are greater than 4
- If yes then it calculates the greater value of
40% of the RemainingAmount + Admin Fee OR Four Times the standard payment + Admin Fee
- Otherwise it rteurns the Remaining Amount + the Admin Fee
This full sample with step by step instructions can be viewed on our knowledge base.