Implement complex business rules and actions
Why Decision Tables?
In today’s fast moving world software designers are being asked to automate the decision making processes by putting business rules front and center and not hidden behind layers of software coding.
The workflow designer in Dynamics CRM is a good example of this with a visual designer to create business processes. We believe that North52’s Decision Tables will Turbo-Charge business rules / processes within Dynamics CRM.
A Decision Table represents multiple related business rules by using conditions, actions and data values in a spreadsheet-style table. The decision table uses columns for the conditions and actions of the rules and rows to represent the associated data values.
Decision Tables allow you to create business rules in an easy to understand format which is different to the traditional IF-Then-Else rule formats.
Decision Tables is a module of North52’s Business Process Activities
- Simple visualization in a compact table format
- Quick to read and understand, very little lost in translation.
- Facilities a common understanding between tester, business analyst, project manager, developer, domain experts, etc.
- Promotes grouping of rules in a single table. In an Eligibility example for a credit card you will naturally group the rules for Gold Card, Platinum Card, etc. into separate tables.
- Really allows for domain experts and business analysts to gain control over the business logic
Calculate Auto-mobile Insurance Premium
This sample shows how you can represent many business rules in a single spreadsheet table. The sample calculates the insurance premium based on a set of inputs so for example if you had a 5 year old Sedan car and wanted Medical Coverage then the insurance premium would be,
300 + 350 + 700 = 1350
And best of all everything is native to Dynamics CRM. So the creation of the decision table along with it actual execution all lives within Dynamics CRM so no additional servers or components are required.
We hope this makes it clean, crisp and easy to use for all.